Friday, April 23, 2010
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
The adjustment period continues for Brooklynn - she definitely loves her little brother and gives him kisses all the time, but there are some little hints that her world was turned upside down. Before Cannon's arrival, we were doing wonderfully with potty training - she got the hang of it really quickly and was having very few accidents. Well as I was warned, potty training pretty much went out the window with Cannon's arrival. She just didn't care to have anything to do with it anymore. We decided to just leave it alone for the most part for a little while b/c it was too much of a struggle and we all needed a break. We are slowly starting up again - M&M's are the reward of choice right now, so hopefully they will continue to motivate her to get back on track :) Brooklynn also seems to be coming around with not getting her feelings hurt as easily. She was a mess the first couple of weeks - she would fall to pieces at the smallest things. It was heartbreaking with the face she would give you - pouty bottom lip and big tears streaming down her face. She seems to be handling things a little better with each day. Other than those 2 issues, she has been adjusting really well. She's still full of energy and is bouncing off the walls most days - but thats just Brookie :)
Anyway, here is a list of what's going on in Cannon's life as he reaches 1 month:
- Weighs 8.6lbs (according to our bathroom scale)
- Wears newborn size diapers
- Wears newborn size clothing - still a little big, but we can definitely tell you are starting to fill them in more and more each day
- Still has his pretty blue eyes
- Great eater - eating 4 ozs about every 3 hours during the day and about every 4 hours during the night. We have had several nights where he has gone as long as 6 hours in between feedings (I was one HAPPY mom those nights).
- Great sleeper - like I said above, we have several longer stretches during the night between feedings. I generally feed him the last time around 10:30pm before going to bed. We get up between 2:30-3:00am for a diaper change & bottle and then Andy changes & feeds him before work between 5:30-6:00am. Then we normally get up for the day around 9:30am-10:00am (except for the days when I have to drive Brookie to school - then we are up at 8am)
- Loves to be held and cuddled
- Loves to sleep on me - those are the nights where we have gone for 6 hour stretches. I am definitely noticing that he is getting heavier when laying on me so I have started putting him beside me on top of the pillow and he sleeps just as long and looks so happy and comfy. We are still working on getting him to sleep in his cradle - its hit and miss. We have better luck with the bouncer. We know we will get there eventually, so we are just enjoying keeping him close :)
- Seems to be getting close to giving us real smiles. He enjoys the floor activity mat with the lights & music - this was one of Brooklynn's favorites too
- Loves being in the swing - takes naps there just about every day.
- Loves going on walks around the neighborhood each night
Anyway...here are some fun pics that I have taken over the last week...enjoy!
Well gotta get back to the fussy little boy......Grandma was nice enough to hold him so I could finally get this post finished. Hopefully this is just an 'off night' and he will be back to his normal, mellow (happy) self :)
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Anyway, onto our busy weekend. Friday we had some friends over with their 2 kiddos over for dinner and to meet Cannon. We had a good time catching up and the kids had a blast playing together - it was chaos in our house - and Cannon slept through the entire thing...haha.
Saturday, we headed over to the church for the annual Easter Egg hunt......always a good time for the kids. This was Andrew's last year to participate as it only goes up to 5th grade.....so he made the most of it and tried his hardest to find 'The Golden Egg' but unfortunately, with dozens of these older kids searching for the same single egg, the odds were against him - but he still had fun anyway. Brookie's age group was a lot more calm and relaxed...lol. She got tons of eggs and had a blast picking them all up and putting them in her basket.
Heading to the Easter Egg hunt...
After the Easter egg hunt, we headed over to the grandparents house to enjoy the beautiful weather and visit and color Easter eggs with the family. The weather right now is gorgeous - we are enjoying every second of it b/c we know what is just around the corner. The kids had a lot of fun and wore themselves out running around all day.
Each of the grandkids got to search for their giant Easter egg filled with lots of fun goodies from Grandma Cheryll.
Coloring Easter eggs with Daddy
Easter Sunday we headed back over to the Grandparents house to celebrate Easter. We had a delicious lunch followed by another Easter egg hunt for everyone.
Searching high & low for the eggs
Brookie loves her cousin Ellison...