Friday, April 23, 2010

Fun Times with Cannon

Just thought I would post some recent pics of Cannon. He's growing so fast - all his newborn clothes are starting to fit him really well now - so exciting - a whole new wardrobe is awaiting him :) He is doing really well. We made the transition this week for him to sleep in his own crib in his own room and so far its going well. We pretty much by-passed trying to get him to sleep in the cradle in our room. We are all sleeping so much better now with this arrangement. We received a video monitor as a gift and we are loving it - can't imagine how I lived without one with Brookie when she was a baby. It gives us such piece of mind - and its so nice to be able to just roll over in bed if I hear him fussing and just turn on the tv part of it to see what he's doing and if I really do need to get up. I think I am going to get another camera to go with it so I can put one in Brooklynn's room too. We know we are on borrowed time right now with her still sleeping in her crib - so once she's in a regular bed, the camera will come in handy to see what she is up to. Oh how I am dreading her being in a normal bed - I don't think she will ever sleep again - and I can imagine the trouble she will get herself into.....hahaha.
Another change that has happened this week is that Cannon is finally starting to enjoy his baths. Up until this week he has HATED being bathed - he would just scream and scream the whole way through bathtime.....but last night he didn't even make a sound and just sat there and looked around. Bathtime is so much fun with little kids - so we are thrilled he has finally turned the corner. He is also starting to calm down for diaper changes - same thing as bathtime - he just screamed the whole time. I have noticed the last couple of days, he has just laid on the change table and looked out the window as I changed him - much more peaceful :)

Anyway...here are some recent pics of Cannon and how much he's changing. Enjoy!

Daydreaming during diaper change


Getting closer to his first real smile....any day now :)







I couldn't resist taking this picture...I was trying several of his outfits on him to see how they fit - he was NOT enjoying it....hahaha. Now when Brookie was a baby, I could try on tons of outfits on her and she would just lay there happy as could be. Must be a boy thing :)

2 comments:

  1. He is just adorable, Kristen. And still looks so little!! It's hard to imagine them that small! Can't wait to meet him. See ya, Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha..ha..I love to play dress up with Connor too and I'm not sure how he likes that! He's so cute!!! I love that name (Cannon) just LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete