Monday, March 7, 2011

The quickest year ever...

Yes....that pretty much sums up my life!  How do I turn the fast forward button off???

The days are just flying right on by and each day goes even faster than the last one.  Can you believe in 1 short week, Cannon will be 1 year old?!?!  I know I can't!  Of course that means that I am in full party planning mode trying to bring it all together and of course I'm nowhere near being done.  What can I say...I work well under pressure - always have!  And for once I can't blame it on waiting until last minute.  This has been a work in progress almost as long as Cannon has been born - ha!  I have an obsession with planning kids party themes and have been looking around online at all the different ideas.  I have so many ideas swirling around my head that I really need to figure out exactly what I want to do and what I will have to pass up for this year.  I am so excited how it is turning out though - I am having tons of fun making lots of cute little things to decorate with.  I'll share it all once its all complete :)  I'm not doing an official theme - just doing everything in bright colors - red, blue, yellow, green & orange - its amazing all the stuff you can find to go with it.

A few weeks back we got together with Andy's sister, Missy and she took a bunch of pics for us hoping to be able to get at least 1 good one of Cannon to use on his invite.  Well she made it a really difficult decision b/c they all turned out sooooo cute!  I think I have looked at them so many times b/c I just can't get enough of that sweet sweet boy!  She really captured his personality in so many of the pics - you just can't help but smile at the mess he is...he is so much fun! 

So for now, I thought I'd just share some of his birthday pics from the shoot until I can share about the party this weekend.  For those of you that are on Facebook...you have already seen these b/c I just couldn't resist not sharing them any longer....

I tried my hardest to only include a few of my favorites here...but as you will see....they are all just so cute - so I am warning you now..picture overload ahead :)







These pics on the tricycle I was a nervous wreck...I had 'practiced' with him the day before in our garage to see if he would (or even could) sit on it...well he LOVED it!

Until he completely fell off and scared me to death.  Lets just say that he definitely does not fall gracefully!  Luckily he was ok as I think the garage door broke most of his fall - I think it just scared him (and me) worse than anything.  But I thought for sure I totally just ruined any chance of him ever getting back on it to take pics the next day....but luckily...I was wrong.....
He still loved it!!!

Stopping to play in the dirt for a bit - being a model is hard work - ha!



I L.O.V.E. this pic!!!!  This totally shows how goofy he is becoming - he is a big ol' mess!

And if I thought doing the bike pics before scared me...these next ones just about did me in...I had to stand way over to the side so Missy could get a wide angle shot...I could just see it happening again - a repeat of the day before....but this time nothing around him to break his fall....I stood off to the side and held my breath....
But nope - my big boy held on tight and was enjoying every second of it!  And we got some of the cutest pics ever!



And finally...saving the best for last....like I said..we had a tough choice in trying to choose a pic for the invites....we just needed 1 good pic and we would have been happy....but how do you choose? 

Well as soon as we saw this next one...it was a no-brainer...  this just melts my heart!


Love this precious little boy!!!  Stay tuned for all the birthday pics after this weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I could just eat him UP! These pics arere awesome and the year has gone by so fast....he's precious!!! LOVE ALL OF THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!! What a hard decision!! Those tricycle pics are ADORABLE. They are all priceless! Can't wait to see his party!

    ReplyDelete