Tuesday, June 21, 2011

15 Months

Well better late than never right?  At least I am still managing to get the post up in the same month that he has his monthly birthdays right?  We've had a busy month and now we are just melting in the heat.....but we are still managing to have fun and enjoying watcing Cannon become quite the little character.  Every month, he is becoming more and more mischevious and I pretty much have to follow him wherever he goes.  I honestly don't remember Brooklynn getting into this much stuff.....he is into anything and everything!  I can only imagine how much worse its going to get as he gets older......well I guess he is going to be the one that keeps us young - always having to chase after him - ha!

Anyway...here are all the fun things that Cannon is up to at 15 months.....

•Weighed 24.5 lbs at the Dr's office last week during his 15 month check up

•32.5 inches long

•Wears size 4 diapers

•Wearing mainly size 18 mos and 24 mos clothing. Also can wear several pieces of clothing in size 2T

•Drinking 3-4 bottles of whole milk each day

•Finally drinks juice from a sippy cup.  I am SOOOO happy about this - at least now I know he is getting enough fluids into him - I was always stressing b/c it is so hot here and I know he needs to stay hydrated.  Now we just need to get him switched over completely with the milk too

•Back to eating mostly everything and lots of it

•The walking issue.....well he took 5 steps repeatedly on June 2nd.....so I thought FINALLY we were on our way to having a walker....but nope he had other ideas.  After that day he refused to try it again and as a real kicker, decided he no longer wanted to walk even holding my hands.  We are slowly getting back to him walking while we hold his hands - he seems to do it much better for everyone else but me...so not sure what that is all about?

•Tons of teeth now - really have no clue how many anymore - and I really have no desire to try to stick my fingers in his mouth to try to find that out.  I know he now has one of his molars, and a few more that I have seen that are new.  And he definitely knows how to use them!

•Talking about knowing how to use the teeth - he has become a biter.  He has bitten my shoulder a few times and has gone after Brooklynn....and it hurts!  Hoping this phase passes quickly - I have a feeling its just b/c his mouth has been so sore from teething so much

•Still sleeps about 12 hours a night - his bedtime has been a little later now - between 8:30-9pm most nights only b/c we are usually playing outside since that is the only time of day we care stand to be outside b/c of the heat.

•The last few weeks he has been taking only 1 nap each day - mainly b/c of our schedules and I actually kind of like it better.  It gives us a full morning to be able to do things and if he goes down after lunch, I can usually get Brooklynn down at the same time which means free time for me - yay!  Its a win-win situation for sure!

•Loves being outside exploring and eating anything he can find on the ground.  Also loves to play in his little splash pads and water table or on the water slide - defintely a water baby!

•Back to eating anything/everything off the ground again - it is driving me nuts!  I don't know if its b/c we are in a new house and this is his way of exploring, but I noticed last month I had mentioned it had slown down, but not anymore - if anything - it is worse now than ever!

•Another new thing he has picked up is climbing....everything!  He constantly wants up on the couch and will try his hardest to get up but can't do it just yet, which results in some major whining until I help him out.  Yesterday he climbed up on one of Brooklynn's little chairs in their play area and fell off - straight onto the tile floor.  I didn't see him do it, but it scared me to death b/c that floor is hard.  Needless to say I went out today and got a BIG foam interlocking piece play mat to add a little padding to the floor.....hopefully that will take off some of the impact b/c I'm sure that won't be the last one :(

•Loves to climb our stairs in our new house.  We had to hurry and put gates up at the top & bottom to keep him off b/c that was the first thing he would head to every single time.  He thinks its the funniest thing to climb up as fast as he can when we let him do it with us right behind him - he giggles the whole way.  Then when he reaches the top, he tries to turn around and head straight back down - head first!  Needless to say at that point, he is locked out and done with the stairs!

•Can throw a full blown temper tantrum if things don't go his way - seen it a few times and I had to try so hard not to laugh - the whole throwing himself on the floor, screaming, kicking, trying to rip his clothes off type thing....pretty amusing actually!

•Had a really scary virus a few weeks back where he had a fever that got up to 106.2 degrees....luckily it only did that once and we were able to get it back under control with a trip to a pediatric urgent care office and he was better within a few days.  Definitely have no desire to go through that again!

Today was actually a good day for taking pics of the little mister.  He actually cooperated with me (for a short time anyway).  I would call his name and tell him to look at Mommy and guess what?  He actually did - and was all smiles...so it made my job easy today to get some nice smiling pics of him.  Of course you will have to excuse his serious 'bed-head' look....his curls are everywhere!













And then he decided we were done - lol!

3 comments:

  1. He's SO BIIIIIIIIIIIG! I just adore his curly hair! Don't grow up too fast now lil Cannon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I agree with the better late than never mindset - haha!! He is so cute but how is he already 15 months+? These boys are getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that curly hair!! Yay for the sippy cup and one nap! I'm trying to get Westin down to one nap but he is not having it. I've decided to stop fighting it for now. ;) He is just getting cuter and cuter!

    ReplyDelete