Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Baby is FOUR!!!

Well technically she's been 4 years old for close to 2 months now....but who's counting right?  I just want to get this on here so I have it for memory to look back on.

We had a wonderful time celebrating Miss Brooklynn turning 4 years old back on November 7th.  Still hard to believe she is not a baby anymore.  Although it is hard to remember her being a baby since life was so hectic at that point with me still working full time and her being in daycare each day.  I am so thankful I get to spend my days at home with her now experiencing new things instead of just hearing about them.

Brooklynn had several birthday celebrations throughout the week.  She is such a loved little girl by so many....we had so much fun with her this year!  I'll break it down into a couple posts b/c it would get way too long to include all in one and I love to add lots of pics.

We started off by surprising her the morning of her birthday with a room FULL of balloons!  I got the idea off of Pinterest and just knew she would LOVE it.  So I bought a bag of asst'd colored balloons and figured I would just do a few from the bag.  HA - how wrong I was.....I should have known.  I ended up doing the entire bag of 72 balloons and had them all over her floor.  I always say, if you're going to do something, might as well go all out and do it right.  So other than about 20 or so balloons from the bag, I blew up each and every balloon by mouth by myself.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I get very light headed from just doing 1 balloon...so Im not really sure how I got that done - it was well after midnight by the time I was done...and I was seriously dizzy and barely able to walk without holding onto the wall for support.  That could have been a bad bday surprise for Brooklynn to find her Mommy laying on the floor passed out....but it all turned out just fine!  Andy had done the 20 or so balloons before he headed to bed and I told him I was done....but I changed my mind when I realized those few balloons just wouldn't do the job....lol!

This was the pile of balloons that were done before Andy went to bed when I told him I was done.....looks pretty decent right?  Well once I moved them to her room, it didn't even make a dent......so thats when I decided to do some more...hahahahaha!

The excited birthday girl the next morning when she woke up and saw her newly decorated room....


She had a blast rolling around and playing and kicking the balloons all over the place....






Of course Cannon loved his big sister's birthday surprise too.....

Since her birthday fell on a school day, we waited to do presents and cake until the evening when we were all back home so we wouldn't be so rushed.  Plus there was a big surprise too that we wanted her to be able to enjoy right away....



Her day was even better when she got to open presents with her 2 little best friends, Elise & Olivia from across the street....these 3 are inseperable!

I just LOVE this pic of the 3 of them - they are ALWAYS giggling non stop when they are together....so sweet!

And the BIG surprise for Brookie was her very own car to drive around in - a police car!  She had seen it a few months back at Toys R Us and fell in love with it and talked about it non stop.  I tried several times to see if I could change her mind and just get a regular car like a camaro or mustang...but nope...my little girl wanted the police car - LOL!


 She was so excited.....all the kids loved riding around in it and playing with the sirens and flashing lights.


Then we came back inside to sing Happy  Birthday to the birthday girl and pig out on yummy birthday cake.....


It was definitely a special day for all of us.....I just love this age - she really "gets" things now and was so looking forward to her birthday this year.....its so much fun making the birthdays fun for the kids....their own special day :)

**(Make sure you read the next post above for the second part of the birthday celebrations)**

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic day! is that a Dollie and me dress? (the blue one she wore the day of the party?) She looks so cute in it! love the photos!

    ReplyDelete