Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Brooklynn

November 7th, 2007 @ 5:52am

On this day exactly 2 years ago our lives changed forever. We welcomed our beautiful little girl into the world and nothing would be the same again. Everyone warned me how fast time goes and how fast they grow up but I had NO IDEA it would be this fast. I can still remember the day like it was yesterday - the happiest day of my life. It is so hard to believe that my baby is 2 years old today - where has the time gone???

These last 2 years have been some of the most challenging but at the same time most rewarding days I have ever experienced. I have probably laughed, cried and who knows what else, more than I have in my entire life. Just like the Johnson & Johnson commercials say, "Having a baby changes everything" - I now know how true that is. Brooklynn has grown into such a fun-loving, crazy spirited, caring and beautiful little girl. She makes us laugh so much with all her little quirks - there is never a dull moment with this girl. She is so active and into everything - keeps us on our toes. We have truely enjoyed watching her grow into an adventurous toddler.

Its hard to believe how much they change in such a short period of time. I was looking back through her pics from when she was first born - I can't believe she was ever that small. She was so tiny - so much smaller than I realized she would be - all the clothing just swallowed her up for the first few weeks - and the socks - I could pretty much forget about her wearing socks - her little skinny legs and feet were way too small for even the smallest ones. Its overwhelming to look back at those first pics from her first few days of life - we've come so far since those first few crazy sleep-deprived months.

The official parties won't be until next weekend but we'll definitely be celebrating our special girl on her special day. Happy Birthday Brooklynn - We love you!!!

Here are some of our very first pictures of Brooklynn...enjoy! )


Finally....my dream come true...



Getting to see you for the 1st time



Such a tiny little bundle...



Your favorite place to be - sleeping on Daddy

1 comment:

  1. How cute, It is hard to remember how little she was. Just so precious, she has grown into a wonderful little gir, just precious.
    I love your new pictures of all of you also.
    love ya mamma cheryll

    ReplyDelete