Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Then & Now - 19 Weeks

Well I thought a fun thing would be to compare my 2 pregnancies. Anyone that knows me, knows that the first time around I didn't take very many pregnancy shots - I just wasn't loving the whole pregnancy look. Don't get me wrong - I was THRILLED to be pregnant but I just wasn't loving the expanding waistline - therefore leading to very few pregnancy pics. I promised myself that if I were fortunate to get pregnant a 2nd time, I would definitely make the effort to capture the changes throughout the pregnancy.

Well here we are - a few days away from reaching the half way point of the pregnancy and I am doing worse than the first time around. Tonight I finally took my FIRST belly shots. Shame on me. But honestly - before the last week or two - there really hasn't been anything to see. So I had a reason this time for lack of pictures. Anyway I thought this was a good time to start b/c looking back at the few belly shots I did take while pregnant with Brooklynn, I actually had some from right at this same time. A perfect way to compare the 2 pregnancies and the growing belly. I thought for sure I was bigger this time around - but comparing the 2 pics, they are pretty equal. I guess this time it just seems to have popped out of nowhere, whereas last time it was very gradual and less noticeable since I was so sick and not gaining a whole lot of weight. This time around I have already gained 10 lbs which I am completely happy with. I lost a lot of weight after Brooklynn - all the baby weight plus an add'l 15 lbs (not on purpose)so I had some room for catch up. So I am just a few pounds short of where I started when I got pregnant with Brooklynn. So hopefully the weight gain will follow the first time around and just be a little at a time. Its funny - with the first pregnancy I was so excited about getting the baby bump - it couldn't come soon enough. Little did I know how uncomfortable it would become later down the road. This time I am happy and content with the rate I am going - I know I will get to that point where it is obvious that I am expecting - just trying to enjoy every stage this time.

So here are the 2 pics. I tried to wear a similar outfit so the comparison would be pretty accurate.

Pregnancy #1 - 2007 - 19 Weeks

Pregnancy #2 - 2009 - 19 Weeks


Everything else is going well with the pregnancy. The morning sickness has kicked in (a little late...I know) but its only really in the mornings and occasionally at night. So I just keep granola bars beside the bed so I can eat something before I even get out of bed each day - that does help it some. After I am up and moving around the day, it generally goes away - so its not too bad this time - definitely not a 24/7 thing like the 1st time with Brooklynn. I guess they are right when they say every pregnancy is different b/c everything about this one has been very different from my pregnancy with Brooklynn - probably why I had that gut feeling all along it was a boy :)

1 comment:

  1. Kristen,
    I'm glad you are feeling better with this pregnancy! Can't wait to see and hold little baby boy Crow.
    Love ya, Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete