Saturday, April 4, 2009

Life as a Princess (really is a lot of work)

And I have the picture to prove it!!!
I'm sure that is how Miss Brooklynn sees things in her life - if she could only talk she would probably go on and on about how rough it can be! She is definitely getting closer and closer to the wonderful 'TERRIBLE 2's" - I can already see it. We've already started working on time outs in the corner - she thinks its the funniest thing ever! When you try to catch her to change her diaper, put her in her high chair or anything else - she takes off running full speed ahead in the opposite direction and giggling non-stop. She is into anything and everything she can get her little hands on. And when you get the first thing away from her, she is already into the next thing in the next room!
She is definitely giving us a run for our money - but we wouldn't change it for anything. She really is a lot of fun - and so full of character - she has us cracking up non-stop. So naturally the other day when I came across this pink tutu at Marshall's - I knew she just HAD to have it. I thought it would be cute for down the road when she is bigger (the smallest size they had was size 6) but as I was going through her closet today, I took it out and decided to try it on her just for laughs - and guess what?? It actually fit! How does a size 6 fit my almost 17 month old child??? I was so excited b/c I knew she would love wearing it with her necklaces and bracelets....and what cute pics I could get! So today she got to be a little princess - and boy did she live up to the name! I managed to get a few cute pics of her - long gone are the days where she would smile on command.....now I am just happy for her to be looking at the camera...lol.
Anyway here are a few of the nicer pics of our 'Little Princess' for y'all to enjoy :)





In other news, we have also enrolled Brooklynn in Gymboree classes - they are every Saturday morning for 45 mins each. At first, I was worried that 45 mins wouldn't be long enough, but now I know better. Its 45 mins b/c it wears the parents out!!! Talk about a work out - you are constantly chasing your kid around a room full of stuff for them to climb, jump, swing, slide, balance and walk on - I am ready for nap time by the time the class is over! Its a lot of fun and Brooklynn loves it and it definitely helps her burn more of her boundless energy. The only downfall is that she now thinks that EVERYTHING is meant to be climbed on around the house....never a dull moment!


Excuse the fact that she is running around half
naked in just a diaper - this is where I found her
when I went looking for her to put her in the tub
tonight. Of course I had to grab the camera to
catch her in the act!

Another one of the many lessons learned at
Gymboree - CLIMBING!!!

Finally got her wrestled into the tub and now
she is playing nicely....
Until I got ahold of her hair and did a crazy
hair-do - she thought it was hilarious - and
she couldn't even see it!!! What a ham!!

No comments:

Post a Comment