Friday, March 20, 2009

Now I Get It!!!

Well this title says it all. Yes I am sitting here at work when it finally hit me HOW to link to something with just the word showing. Yes I know - I am a little slow at figuring this out even with the help of several people trying to explain it to me - for some reason it just wasn't sinking in and I couldn't understand why. So like I said - I was literally sitting here at work doing work stuff and my brain is everywhere else but where it should be and it wandered over to the blog world and all of a sudden the light went off - I figured it out!!!!

So anyway....I finally get to post this really cute article I found a while back while playing around in blogland - I thought it was just so perfect and it helped me realize a lot of things about motherhood. I am fortunate enough that I don't suffer from any of my friends giving me a hard time about not making enough time for them, but I feel like I am stretched so thin sometimes trying to make everyone happy and make time for everyone - whether its spending an afternoon with someone, making a phone call, writing a long overdue email or whatever the case may be - there is just not enough time in the day for everyone and everything. I could never figure out how I am always so pressed for time when I have such an 'easy child'. She is for the most part not demanding, very easy going and just likes to hang out and play. This article made me realize why I still feel this way. I knew being a mother was going to be tough and it was going to be very demanding and I looked forward to it - but I had no idea how mentally draining it could be too. It really put into perspective everything we go through as parents and how challenging it is. So like my title says - "NOW I GET IT!!!!" I hope y'all enjoy the article as much as I did.....when I re-read it today - it still hits home. Of course - I wouldn't trade any of it for the world - being a mother has been the most amazing, fun-filled and hardest thing I have ever done in my life and I love every second of it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment