Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our Favorite Vacation Memory of All....

So in the tradition of saving the best for last, I thought I would finish posting about our summer vacation with our favorite memory of all - something that will forever change all of our lives. We haven't made this a secret in any way, but I know there are several people who I don't speak to on a regular basis who like to keep up with our crazy lives, so I figured now would be the perfect time to get everyone up to speed. Right in the middle of our vacation in Toronto we found out something HUGE .......





WE'RE PREGNANT!!!! Its funny b/c I didn't even want to waste the $16 for 1 test while I was in Toronto - I figured what was the point - there was just 'no way' possible. But I had been battling a bad cold/sinus infection and had been popping Aleve Cold & Sinus daily like candy for the last month, I thought maybe I should just double check.....just to be on the safe side. Well let me tell you - I just about fell over when the test popped up and said PREGNANT......I had to keep looking at it to make sure I wasn't imagining it (I thought for sure I was reading it wrong and missing something since I was drugged up from all the aleve...hahaha).

To say that we were shocked was a huge understatement......we just were not expecting this again right now. Obviously we are beyond thrilled and so excited to add to our family, but wow - I think it still hasn't set in. After all we went through for over 2 years trying to get pregnant with Brookie, we had no idea what to expect and we had just begun talking about adding to our family maybe towards the end of this year or beginning of next year. So for this to suddenly just pop up.....we were SHOCKED!! We are expecting our special present from the Easter Bunny next year - yep - my due date is Easter Sunday (April 4th, 2010) so we are about 12.5 weeks along right now. So far everything is going well - and so far I haven't been as sick as I was with Brookie (knock on wood). I have my good and bad days, but so far its nothing I can't handle. It all still feels like a dream to me most days......very surreal.

We went for our 2nd Dr's appt last week and had our 2nd ultrasound. It still amazes me how fast they grow and develop at this stage.....(sorry - they came out really small once I scanned them in - just click on them to see them larger)
This ultrasound was taken back in August - I was about 7 weeks along....and yes...there is just 1 baby in there....lol. (above)
Another shot of the 7 week ultrasound (above)
This is our ultrasound from last week - just short of 12 weeks along....looks like a baby now (with a huge head since the body hasn't caught up yet..lol) - has arms and legs that were moving around like crazy.... (above)

Another shot of the 12 week ultrasound. (above)


So thats our crazy lives at the moment.....I even made Brookie a shirt for the special occasion - even though she has NO CLUE that her world will be turned upside down in just a few months.....
She's trying to figure out what her
shirt says???? (if only she knew....)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are so excited for you. Our second will hopefully be making his debut in the next couple of weeks. Take care and we hope things continue to go well with your pregnancy!

    Stephanie, George, and Savannah (Dixie & Jake too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Such exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete