Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Summer Tourists - Part 2

So as I mentioned before, our last sightseeing spot on our trip was Niagara Falls. No matter how many times I have been before, (believe me....living only 1.5 hrs away from it for years - its pretty much a given we went A LOT) this place still just wows me. It is just so beautiful there.



We ended up changing our plans around a little to make our traveling make more sense. We ended up saving Niagara Falls for last and going on our way home. We left my Mom's on Thursday morning after taking our time getting ready and drove the 1.5hrs to Niagara Falls. We spent the entire day just walking around taking in all the sights. We managed to do a few fun things as well. First we did the Journey Behind the Falls where you go down a long elevator and walk in the tunnels behind the falls and actually come out from behind the falls. I did that when I was about 13 years old with my Dad and my friend Natalie when she came to visit me from Houston for a month. It is exactly how I remembered it...very neat. They make you wear the plastic garbage bag raincoats b/c there is a point you get to go outside and you get drenched from the mist b/c you are standing right beside the Falls.

Here we are waiting for our turn
to go under the Falls.




This is what I was talking about - look how
close you actually get! My poor camera was
soaked - glad it didn't get ruined...



This is a shot standing directly behind the falls
in one of the lookouts from the tunnels.
Excuse the awful quality - my camera's flash
had no idea what to do - really dark in the tunnels
but blinding white light from the water.
There is probably a setting I could use - but
I'm clueless - I pretty much leave it on auto..lol



And of course a family shot of all of us
in front of the falls....


After we got done with this, we bought tickets to see the IMAX movie about Niagara Falls. Andy & I had both seen it back in 2003 on our visit up, but we thought it would be neat for Andrew to see the history as well. Then we toured through the museum and saw all the actual barrels and things that went over the falls..those are some CRAZY people!

It was a long day with TONS of walking - everytime I go back - I forget how much walking you really do when you are there...but its definitely worth it. Here are just some other random pics as we enjoyed our days at the Falls.

In the pic above...their faces pretty much sum it up!!













And as we were walking back to our car after our long day....this is what we saw...what a perfect ending to a wonderful vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment