Friday, December 25, 2009

Ho Ho Ho and 100 Days?!?!?

Merry Christmas everyone!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed themselves with family & friends. We had a great time - the kids especially. It's so much fun to see them opening their gifts and really getting excited for the big day. A friend of mine said it best when she said that her house looked like Toys R Us on Christmas morning.....yep - that would describe ours too!! Now we just have to find space for all the new stuff....its a vicious cycle...hahaha!

The kids got some wonderful presents today. There's a few that stand out for different reasons. I came across a doll online that was supposed to be very realistic - it cries and coos and sucks on a pacifer and/or bottle and when you take it out, it cries. I thought that would be a perfect thing for Brooklynn to have; #1 because she LOVES baby dolls and #2 because I thought it would let her feel like a little mommy when her little brother arrived - she could take care of her baby while I take care of her little brother. Well lets just say Brooklynn won't be babysitting anytime soon...hahaha. When her baby doll started crying and wouldn't stop, she got a little peeved with it - at first she was all cute and sweet saying "sssshhhhh" and patting the baby's back, but since its a doll and it only shuts up with the bottle or pacifier in its mouth, it kept screaming. Well obviously Brookie had enough and couldn't figure out how to make it be quiet. She covered the baby up (completely from head to toe) with a blanket obviously trying to smother the noise and then when that didn't work, picked it up and tossed the poor thing on the floor and went about her business across the room. Obviously we need some lessons on how to take care of a baby...lol. I wish I would have had the camera close by to catch it all but I was laughing so hard by this point....completely missed it. I'll try to get it another time to share.

Here are some cute pics from earlier today.

Our annual Christmas pose...


Waiting patiently to dig into their presents


Another big hit with BOTH kids was their new motorcycles. We let them open up all their other presents first and then had them close their eyes while we wheeled both of their new bikes out to the living room. They were both so excited. Obviously Andrew's is a little more high tech....its a Razor Dirt Bike which is pretty neat. It only goes about 14mph or so but its perfect for him......he couldn't wait to get outside to test it out. Brookie's motorcycle was just a plastic little push one (PINK of course)...but hey - as long as she was like her big brother, its all good. Here's a pic of our little biker gang when they first got their new wheels.....



Brookie testing out her new wheels...and for all
the out of towners...yes it was actually cold here
this morning - it was about 32 degrees outside
when we were out there.


And Andrew testing his new ride...

The cutest biker gang ever...lol


Anyway....moving on to the 2nd half of this post.....100 days. What does that mean? Well as of today, December 25th, I am only 100 DAYS from my due date!!!! How is that even possible??? It has flown by - it seems like just yesterday I found out but here we are 6 months into the pregnancy. The last month has gone much smoother and things are going well. I can tell I am close to hitting the 3rd trimester already - energy levels are being zapped and I am starting to feel my body aching from the growing belly. I am definitely bigger this time around - the last month I have just popped. Andy said to me earlier today that I am pretty much the size now at just under 26 weeks that I was when I had Brooklynn full term. Sadly...I would have to agree. I only gained 20lbs with Brookie and I am already at 16-17lbs so far and still have just over 3 months left. I'm not complaining though about the weight gain - its a nice change this time to actually have an appetite. I have had the strongest cravings for anything orange flavor - including fresh oranges - just can't seem to get enough. But like I said, I am already feeling a lot of the same things I felt with Brookie at the very end of the pregnancy - at 38-40 weeks.....so the next few months should be interesting. Here is a pic of me tonight. I'll call it the 26 week update - even though I still have 2 days left before I hit 26 week mark - but close enough.
I'll try my hardest to have more updated pics now that you can actually see progress...hahahaha!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Congrats on your pregnancy! I got the dark storage baskets from Walmart. I saw them there today actually. :)

    ReplyDelete