Friday, December 4, 2009

Looking Up....

We finally got some good news this week.....which was a HUGE relief. I had my dr's appt yesterday with an ultrasound to see what the status of my placenta was. My Dr was thrilled that it had moved up quite a bit from when she last saw it a month ago.....so that was GREAT news. It is looking like the issues I have been having are being left in the past. I also was told that I am no longer on bed rest!!! YAY!!! Of course she told me that I can't go back to normal completely - I still have to take it easy and stay off my feet as much as possible - but I am able to get out of the house and do my everyday normal things - run errands (nothing major - just quick trips here and there), drive Brookie to/from school, go out to dinner, etc. So that was a huge relief. I honestly felt like a new person walking out of the office yesterday...so excited. I even went back to work today and was excited about it. I was only on bed rest for 12 days but OMG - it was beginning to get to me. The first week wasn't so bad - I was just so worn out from everything that happened, but this week when I actually felt normal - I was starting to feel like a caged lion...so things took a turn for the better just in time. I don't know how people do it for months and months at a time - but I guess you do what you have to do. Anyway...needless to say - I will definitely be watching what I do from this point forward - don't want a repeat of last week. This pregnancy has been completely different from when I was pregnant with Brooklynn....definitely keeping me on my toes. Hopefully this is it now for little bumps in the road :)

The ultrasound yesterday was a quick one - just to check my placenta. The technician did give me a great facial shot of our little boy......he's definitely getting bigger - she said he was just over 1lb at this point...its going by so fast. I can't believe that 4 months from today is my due date....crazy!!! I guess we should get going on getting everything in order - especially figuring out his name ;)


In other news....we had a nice (white)surprise today in Houston...it actually SNOWED!!! From what I've been told by friends/family in Toronto - we actually beat them for the 1st snowfall of the year.....something is definitely wrong with that picture. It was hilarious to see everyone so excited.....I wish it would have stuck around longer so I could have played with Brookie in the snow when we got home. By the time we got home, it was all gone from the ground and just snowing a little. Oh well.....we'll take whatever we can down here - definitely a nice change from the blistering heat of the summer. Just glad it doesn't last for months and months and months like up north.

Other than that - not much else is going on with us. Just getting ready for the holidays. We got our outside of the house done last weekend. We have some of the inside stuff up - just have to put the decorations on the tree - maybe I will finally get around to doing that this weekend. It actually feels like the holidays this year b/c its been fairly cold for awhile now...which is a nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment