Monday, May 24, 2010

Fun Times with Brooklynn

Ok ok.....I know I haven't updated much on Miss Brookie and I have heard about it from several people...believe me - its not that she doesn't get any attention anymore - its more like when she isn't at school, I have my hands full and taking pics of them is pretty much the farthest thing from my mind - bad mom!  Add to that, she is at the age where getting a cute picture is next to impossible - she will do everything but what I ask of her so we get some interesting pics to say the least.

Hmm....so lets see whats going on in Brookie's life that I can update everyone on.....
  • We are back in full potty training mode again - yay!  2 weeks ago her teacher at school told me to start sending her in real panties and I was a little concerned since she only had stayed completely dry that day in her pull ups...but she has been doing really well and staying dry all day in her big girl panties too.  Of course the 1st day that we sent her she had a rough day - went through 4 changes of clothes.  We quickly found out what the problem was that day so since then she has been perfect (knock on wood - ha!)

  • We have such fun drives each morning/afternoon when I take her to school and pick her up.  I love that time alone with her.  She has found her favorite song on the radio - Lady Antebellum - 'Need You Now' and we sing along with it together.....makes my heart just melt!  I told my mom about it and she heard her singing one day in the car and she bought us the cd, so now each morning, Brookie asks for "her song" as soon as we start driving and we belt it out.....so fun!  People must think we are nuts b/c we are just singing away and laughing our heads off.....Its these little things that mean the most.

  • She is talking SO MUCH now.....its not always clear and understandable, but wow - she has just exploded in the last few months.  I'll admit I was a little concerned for awhile....she just wasn't talking much and it scared me, but her Dr kept reassuring me it would happen and she would just wake up one day and start saying sentences....and I just kept hoping she was right...and it finally happened.  Its so much fun to just have real conversations with her - we can talk about her day and what she did at school and what she wants to do tomorrow....so neat!  Of course with her talking so much - we really have to watch what we say with her - she imitates EVERYTHING!  Even times where we don't think she is paying attention - she really is!  Could be scary...lol!

  • She is such a big help to me and a wonderful big sister to Cannon.  I can ask her to bring me specific things and she runs and gets them and brings them to me - such a lifesaver.  And she LOVES her baby brother and is always going up to him and giving him kisses - such a sweetheart!  Especially when he is crying and I can't get to him right away - she will go to him, kiss him on the forehead and tell him its ok....wow!  Makes me so happy that she has learned from us how we take care of her when she is sad and then turns around and does the same to Cannon.  She has adjusted really well now with Cannon being here - and is completely back to her normal, happy self.

  • She worships the ground Andrew walks on.  Poor kid....he walks in the door from school and she is just all over him and will not leave him alone for nothing.  Anything he does, she wants to do too.  She loves playing outside with him and is heartbroken when he doesn't want to play.  Andy and me just aren't as good in her mind to play with and are second choice.  We try not to take it too personally ;)
Ok - managed to get a few pics of Brookie today after I wrote that post.  They are all of Brookie & Cannon together - that is the only time she wants to be in picture lately and then of course as soon as I take one - she wants to see it.  Lol - she will never have to learn the patience of waiting for a whole roll of 35mm film to be finished and then developed - ha!  I don't think I will get a good pic of them together until they are both in their 20's!  Take a look at these and you will see what I mean.....and I know it will only get worse before it gets better - oh well....all part of the fun!

Say 'cheeeeese'....lol - this is the face when we tell her to say cheese....













Such sad faces.....poor babies :(
Finally a 'decent' pic
Again...say 'cheese' - see what I mean??

Leg up in the air...why?? Just because!
First Cannon smiles.....
And then Brooklynn smiles....

But the sweetest of all - sibling love :)


1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! She is such a beautiful little girl and you can tell how much she loves Cannon! They are getting so much fun now like you said (these babies)at this age are starting to get more interactive. Hope you are having a good week Momma!

    ReplyDelete