Monday, August 9, 2010

Room Swap 2010

edited to add: I decided to participate in Show Us Your Life - Nurseries & Kid's Rooms.  I did this post a couple months ago - but it pretty much shows our 3 kids rooms since we switched them all around with the arrival of our youngest son, Cannon back in March.  Hope you enjoy!

So I just realized that I never got around to posting pics of all our rooms that we switched and painted at the beginning of the year before Cannon was born.  I had been waiting to get pics of Andrew's room since it had been occupied with my mom and then my brother while they were visiting us.  So I finally got the pics this morning of his room with it all put together and thought it was the perfect time to take some pics.

1st is Brooklynn's room - which was formerly Andrew's room.  We added chair rails and painted the tops & bottoms of the walls

I wanted to do a close up of this cross stitched birth announcement my friend Tina made for Brooklynn.  I LOVE it...and it took me forever to find the right frame and background for it, but it was worth the wait b/c I loved the way it turned out.
Next is Andrew's room which was formerly Brookie's room.  All we had to do in here was paint the bottom half of the wall to be a khaki color - this was the 'easy' room...hahaha
Excuse all the wires that are in this next pic - we need to find a way to hide them - they look awful - the joys of computers, speakers, tv's, phones - too many wires!
And finally Cannon's room.  This used to be our study/game room so we had to get rid of all the funiture that was in here and add the chair rail and paint all the walls.  This was probably the room that required the most work.
When we bought the house we had the option of making this room either bedroom #4 or a study and we went with it being a study so that means there is no closet in here.  So we just took my old armoire and repainted it a dark espresso color to match his other furniture and hung up a curtain rod in there and are using that for his closet.  I do realize that we will eventually need something with a bit more storage as he gets bigger, but for how it works really well.

And that was our great room swap of 2010.  Remember this????  I should have taken pics of it way back when we were in the middle of it all - it looked like a disaster area...hahaha!  

3 comments:

  1. All of the rooms are so cute! I swear we have almost the same baby cribs, but yours is brown & mine is black. I got mine on walmart.com. We love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! You have a lot of room to decorate! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO right! ha..ha.. great minds do think alike! His changing table looks a lot like Connors :) I love his room and the other kids rooms too!!!

    ReplyDelete