Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Favorite Time of Year

I LOVE this time of year for many reasons.  The obvious would be that we are finally getting a break from the brutal Houston heat.....or at least we are supposed to.  The last week has been a little too warm for my liking again - today my car read 91 degrees...crazy!  But compared to 2 months ago - its definitely bearable.  But still - I'd actually like to have a Fall with cool days. 

The other reason I love this time of year is all the kid's consignment sales.  My favorite one is going on right now - Just Between Friends.  I went for the first time last fall - about a week after I found out I was having a boy.  I stocked up on TONS of stuff for Cannon last year so I was hoping to score again this time - and lets just say this year didn't disappoint!  I managed to go to the Pre-sale this time - ahead of the masses that will go starting tomorrow.  As I was getting out of the car, I ran into a friend who was leaving - she gave me the bad news that she had just waited in line for an hour to check out!!!  I seriously contemplated just going home.  I had Cannon with me and just didn't see how it would be worth it.  But I decided to venture in anyway (big surprise..lol) and sure enough - the line was wrapped around the entire thing.  So I just started looking around and taking my time.  I think I can honestly say this is the biggest consignment sale I have been to yet.  Soooooo much stuff!  I ended up being there about 2 hours and Cannon didn't make a sound - just hung out in his stroller babbling to himself and looking around - have I mentioned how awesome this little man is now???  He is just the happiest baby ever - definitely my little shopper ;)  I ran into this one lady several times and she kept going on and on about how good he was...lol.  If only she knew how we spent our first 4 months together - ha!  Anyway like I mentioned earlier - I got some great deals for both Cannon & Brookie.  I love that place - I feel like I could go back every day and still find more stuff...lol.  If you've never been to this sale and love a great deal - you should definitely check it out - they are all over the US.  Thought I'd share what I got and give you an idea of prices.  Each seller sets their own prices - but for the most part they are pretty similar.  (Sorry that some of the pics are rotated - not sure why they uploaded to the blog like that and I am too tired to try to fix it)

1st - here is Cannon's stuff:




2 Pcs Old Navy $4


4 Pc 1st Thanksgiving $4

Children's Place
2 Long Sleeve Tops $7


Carters 2 Pcs
New with Tags $5

Carters 3 Pcs
New with Tags $5


Carters Onesie $2


Children's Place
2 Long sleeve Tops $7


Hat & Mittens $5
(For Cannon's Halloween Costume)

Dwell Studio $4










Old Navy
2 Long Sleeve Tops
and socks $5



Old Navy 2 Pcs $4
Jeans & polo shirt

Old Navy Onesie $1.50



Old Navy Romper $5


1st Bday Plates/Napkins $5

Circo 3 Pk Long Sleeve Onesies $2.50 (brand new in pkg)




Moose Rocker $12






And for Brookie, this is what I found:



3 Pcs $8

4 Pcs $8


Corduroy Dress $4


Denim Skirt $4
(perfect for Go Texan Day)


3 Pcs - Gymboree
with 2 barrettes $10

3 Pcs - Gymboree
with 2 bows $14
(pants new with tags)


2 Pcs $5.50


Old Navy Dress $6


Old Navy Rain Boots $4
(For Brookie's Halloween Costume)


Old Navy Top $3


Princess Doll $3








I think I am now done with their fall/winter wardrobes - yay!!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. wow, you DID get some amazing stuff! i love consignment sales, and jbf is a great one! i'm addicted to going to these things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really scored big! That is crazy that some of that stuff was even new and you got it at such a great price. I love that little rocker too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You really scored big! That is crazy that some of that stuff was even new and you got it at such a great price. I love that little rocker too :)

    ReplyDelete