Thursday, October 7, 2010

Time Flies

Well I just realized that its been several weeks since I did an update on here - oops!  Its definitely not for lack of things to do - b/c its been quite the opposite.  We have been going non-stop - just haven't taken the time to take a whole lot of pics.  I guess you could say I am going through a dry spell!

It seems like every day we are on the go - hardly ever at home - and the days we do manage to stay home - I am doing laundry.

Brooklynn has quite the little social calendar to keep up with - its wearing me out!

Between birthday parties, playdates and other activities - its turned into my full time job - ha! But I am loving every second of it - I always thought once I quit my job to be a stay at home Mom - I'd have tons of time - but actually its the opposite. Its so much fun and fulfilling to do things that make our kids happy - love it! The challenge is to find stuff that is free or inexpensive - b/c it can get out of hand and fast! She is such an active little girl who loves to stay busy. She is so much fun and full of life - never a dull moment. And she is also approaching 3 - another month and we are there. And I've heard the 3's can be worse than the 2's....its kind of scaring me - b/c she is definitely testing us more now than ever. Oh the fun times with this girl :) My hope is she one day uses her drive, determination and stubborness for something good :)

Trying to get a good (normal) pic of Brooklynn these days is.....challenging - to put it nicely.  Here's just a sample from one day when I was trying to get a cute pic of her.











But then 2 minutes later...she does this - totally melts my heart!!!!


Cannon just lights up when he sees his sister....and laughs non stop when she is around - love it!  Should get interesting in the next several months as he becomes mobile and really starts interacting (a.k.a. stealing her stuff and bugging her) with her....hahahaha!

Speaking of becoming mobile - Cannon has learned that he can get where he needs to be by rolling there.....reminds me of Brooklynn!  He is a rolling machine - I put him down in one spot and within a minute - he is clear across the room......I am starting to get the feeling he is going to be giving me a run for my money - just like his big sister.  He has changed soooo much this last month - from being an infant into an active baby - interested in EVERYTHING!  He grabs anything he can get his hands on and will not lie still for a diaper change - constantly wanting to flip over and grab for something..anything!  As crazy as things are about to become with him moving around getting into trouble...I am so thrilled!   Makes me so happy that he is finally really starting to interact with us and the world around him - the first few months are amazing in their own ways...but once they really start interacting with you - its a whole new experience like no other!  And of course for us...those colicky days are gone so these sweet and fun moments with him are that much more appreciated and enjoyed!

Here are some shots of our little cutie pie







Hmmm..what else have we been up to the last several weeks?  We finally had our first weekend away from the kids - ever!  Only took us almost 3 years to do it....sad I know.  The first time I ever was away from Brooklynn was when Cannon was born.  So I think we were due!  Anyway Andy & I headed up to Canton, TX - to a HUGE HUGE HUGE flea market/Craft fair, yard sale etc.  I have heard about it for years but it has just never worked out.  Well our friends were going and invited us along so I knew I would have some leverage with Andy to go to something like that since it was my bday weekend..so it was a great idea - an adult weekend away!  We had a blast - I don't think I have ever walked so much in my life - the weather was absolutely perfect so it was packed!  I bought a few things for the house and for the kids and for myself - so it was great!  It was just a refreshing time - just us without the chaos of the kids.  Don't get me wrong - I missed them A LOT - especially seeing so many people there with their kids and babies.....but it was good for us.  They were kept busy with Grandma so they
definitely weren't missing us too much...lol!

Oh one last thing - talking about houses - we put ours on the market.  We need more space - desperately.  So we figured we would give it a shot and see what happens.  It won't be the end of the world if we don't sell it (part of me hopes we don't) but it would definitely be a nice improvement to have some more space.  I'm kind of torn about wanting to leave - on one hand - I would LOVE more room....we need it.  But on the other - this house has so many memories in just its short 6 years.  We watched it being built from just dirt when we bough the lot.  We picked everything out ourselves.  We got married while in this house...we had 2 babies while in this house.  We have welcomed friends & family into this house.  We love our location - we are in a cul-de-sac so its so nice when we play outside - not having to worry about a busy street.  But I figure - whatever happens I will be ok with....either way.  We will always have the memories with us :)  So time will tell what path we take.  We know that we will stay in the same area - just something a little bigger if it works out.  Just the most challenging thing is to keep it 'show ready' on a daily basis with 3 kids and 2 dogs.  The house is pretty much in order - just don't go in our garage...lol - looks like Toys R Us exploded in there.....hahahahaha!

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures of them together are so precious! They grow so fast! I need your email address because I can't reply when you comment....what is your email? I wish we lived closer together too....we would have SO much fun! Good luck with the housing situation, I know whatever happens is God's plan for you :)

    ReplyDelete