Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Brooklynn

Today we officially have a 3 year old daughter.  How is that even possible?  I still have days when I am doing something with Cannon and catch myself realizing that Brooklynn isn't the baby of the house anymore.  Of course she will always be my baby, but its so hard to believe that she is 3!  I was just looking back through pics from her 2nd birthday last year - she still looked so babyish...still had her little baby chubbiness and cute little baby face.  She has changed so much!  I have realized within the last couple months - she is no longer a toddler - she has turned into a little girl.  I don't worry about messing up her schedule anymore - that if she skips a nap, we are in trouble or how in the world am I going to get her to go to sleep somewhere other than her bed?  She just goes with the flow now and can just do whatever we need her to do. Love it!  She's my little buddy - I can just say "c'mon Brookie...lets go" and she just comes along for the ride - so much fun! 

Brooklynn is such a fun little girl - so full of life and up for anything.  She is completely fearless - which for the most part is awesome, but it also means we just have to be careful with her b/c she will try anything!  She is the best big sister - so sweet & caring with Cannon - always trying to help me out with him - whether it be getting something for him that I need, or trying to get him to stop crying by making him laugh - she loves to give him kisses & hugs....just so sweet!  She is also the most observant little girl ever - if someone has a new haircut - she will notice. Also she is also saying how my shirt is cute or how I look pretty.  Makes my heart just melt.  I still can't get over how much she has changed in the last year.  She can talk your ear off now - 90% of the time we can understand her and its so fun to actually carry a conversation with her.  Just so neat seeing her grow up and becoming her own little person.

We just had a low key day today to celebrate her special day. Next weekend is her big party with her friends on Saturday and then her celebration with family on Sunday. She got to open her presents today from us and from her Grandma's. Then this afternoon we took her to a local playground to let her play and run and climb and then feed some ducks at the pond next door - she loved it!

All Brookie's bday presents waiting to be opened


Checking out her new Kaleidoscope


Loving her new baby doll


Lots of fun books



And a spiderman kite (she picked it out)  I showed her a princess kite and a Little Mermaid kite...but she wanted...a spiderman kite....she cracks me up!!!


Her new robe


Off to the park - lots of fun swinging

and stepping


and crossing bridges



and sliding

walking with Daddy to the duck pond

All the ducks saw us coming and started wandering over towards us...so funny!  They were not scared of us at all - came right up to us.


Brookie thought this was the neatest thing....she was right up close & personal with the ducks

As they were walking through the ducks...Brookie kept saying "Excuse me Ducks" lol!
There so were so many of them!

They kept Cannon pretty amused too...


Brookie thought this duck was the coolest one ever - had a mohawk!!!


Watching the ducks go for a swim

Then the real fun began - Brookie got to chase the ducks!  She was cracking up!!!








 Phew!!! All that duck chasing is hard work!!!  Time for a break!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like ya'll had a fun, relaxing day with just the fam. Can't wait to see pics from her party next weekend. I'm stressin about Jarrett's. How can he already be turning 1 next month? I JUST BROUGHT HIM HOME! WAAAAA ;)

    ReplyDelete