Monday, August 1, 2011

Planes, Trains & Roller Coasters

We've been enjoying our trip up north - visiting with friends and family and time for lots of play.  Last week I decided it was finally time to take Brooklynn to Canada's Wonderland - its a huge amusement park that I used to go to all the time when I lived up here....so much fun!  My friend Katrine joined us for the day and we got to go back to one of our favorite places from our teen years.  We had such a fun-filled day - just the three of us - Cannon got to stay home and play with Grandma.  We enjoyed our girl time and loved getting to be like a kid again.  We spent 7 hours there!


 Brooklynn went on ALL the rides in the kids area and loved them - she is definitely fearless!  A few of the rides were for kids only so Katrine and I had to wait on the sidelines and watch.  She jumped right in and had a blast.  She even made a few little friends waiting in line and got to ride with them - always more fun riding with someone else :)


We did get to get on some of the rides and have fun too - we loved the carousel....



Brooklynn also rode her first roller coaster - The Ghoster Coaster!  Its a wooden roller coaster that was actually a lot faster and higher than I ever remember...but she did just fine....and actually requested later on in the day to go on another roller coaster.  Such a big girl!


 Taking a peek at the coaster she just got off of.....

Got to fly a plane....

 Ride on a train.....





And go round and round on the swings.....


And another little roller coaster....

Here we are in the front seat zooming around the corner...

LOL - and here is the pic of us from on the ride that they take and want you to buy....I just snapped a quick pic of the pic...hahahaha

Helicopter rides....

There is also a waterpark attached so we took a little break from all the rides and headed over there to cool off.  Brookie is a pro at waterslides and jumped right in....Brrrr...that water was FREEZING!!!

We even got to go down on a waterslide together on an inner tube....it was pretty fun!

Hitting the pool of water - it was way too cold...lol!




After we cooled off we got dried off and changed and headed back to the rides and hit up our next roller coaster...Thunder Run...I remember this one being pretty calm when I used to go on it - its in the main part of the park so its not really a kid ride....so we decided to try it.  I made sure to tell her it was going to be really dark and really fast....and boy - I was NOT lying.  I definitely don't remember it being that fast!  But surprise surprise - my fearless girl loved it! 

We finished off our day with probably the most relaxing ride...The Swans...


I loved spending the day with Katrine and my little girl - made some awesome memories!  We all had such a good time but wow - we were all worn out after 7 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment