Wednesday, September 28, 2011

18 Months (Just a little late)

Ok - I am finally forcing myself to sit down and do an 18 month post about Cannon - its already 2 weeks overdue and before I know it he will be 19 months!   We've had a huge month with Cannon - he is definitely ALL TODDLER and defninitely ALL BOY!  I am seriously getting a taste of what its going to be raising a boy and everything it includes.  I only thought Brooklynn kept me busy - well she definitely does, but just in a completely different way.  Cannon goes a million miles a minute and doesn't stop until I put him into his crib to go to sleep - he is into everything and testing his limits constantly.  He is always making me laugh - even when I really shouldn't be - I do try to hide it from him when its something I need to redirect him from.  Like I tell him countless times a day...he's lucky he is so cute - ha!

Anyway...here are the highlights of Cannon at 18 months:

•Weighs 26.3 lbs at his 18 month dr appointment which is 55th percentile

•Measured 33.5 inches tall at his 18 month dr appointment which is 83rd percentile

•Head measured in the 90th percentile - still got the big noggin!

•Wears size 5 diapers

•Wears size 24 months and 2T size clothing and occasionally 3T in some things

•Drinking 3 bottles of whole milk each day - yes bottle bootcamp didn't happen....we tried sippy cups with milk one day and he wanted no part of it - its just not a battle I am up for yet - and if that makes me a bad mom...oh well I can live with it - we are both happy for now!  Plus we have started a new battle lately with Brookie that is taking alot of effort - trying to get her to stop sucking her thumb.....so that is where our focus is right now as far as battles go.  I know he won't go to kindergarten with a bottle....he drinks juice and water out of a sippy cup like there is no tomorrow so we know he likes them for that...just eventually have to get him to take the milk in there too...one day....  :)

•Great eater - will pretty much eat anything and everything - loves all sorts of fruits - especially strawberries and blueberries.  Loves mac and cheese and would eat it every day if we let him.  He also loves to eat whatever we are eating at the moment and will throw a huge tantrum pointing and whining until he gets a piece

•Still my little snuggler....I love it when he will just climb up in my lap and lay his head on my shoulder and just hang out there for the longest time......I know he won't be like this for long so I am trying to soak it all in

•Still getting about 12 hours of straight sleep during the night - although when he is sick he is like a newborn all over again - up all the time....poor guy just doesn't do well with sleep when he isn't feeling great

•Takes 1 nap a day - usually around 1:30 and goes for about 2-2.5  hours on average.  AND he also is napping at school on his napmat - surprisingly enough!  Never thought that would happen, but he is my napping superstar at school - something his sister never really was too good at

•His walking how now led to him running everywhere. He also is loving trying to walk backwards and sideways...he is a mess!

•Favorite time of day is in the evening after dinner when we can finally get outside to play. He loves to ride around on his little bug ride on toy that Grandma got for him this summer - he zooms around on that thing really fast and he loves it.  He also loves to draw on the driveway with sidewalk chalk (in between trying to eat the chalk lol)

•Another favorite outdoor activity for Cannon is to get as dirty as possible in the shortest possible amount of time.  He LOVES dirt and playing in it whenever he can.  He also loves to find any bit of water and sit and play in it despite being fully clothed.  This includes the water at the end of the driveway in the gutters after someone waters their lawns - yuck!  Bonus for him - he saves time b/c that means he can play in the dirt and water all at the same time....he is filthy by the time we go inside for the night.  (And now we don't actually let him play in that stuff...he makes a dash for it when we aren't watching....little stinker!)

•And finally...the big change for this month is.....Cannon started going to school (a.k.a. Mother's Day Out) 3 days a week and is doing really well (better than I ever thought he would do).  He has been going for about 3 weeks now - every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00-2:00.  The mornings have been a little hard on him when he is dropped off - he clings to my leg and starts crying so its hard for me to leave but I know he will have such a great day and know he is in good hands - they told me he normally only cries maybe 5 mins before settling down and having a great time the rest of the day.  And guess what??  Today when I dropped him off - there were NO TEARS!!!!  And he even watched me walk out the door - I was so happy!  I am hoping he now knows the routine and that I come back every single time to get him when the school day is over..hopefully the tears are behind us now :)

And finally here are the pics of the crazy boy that I managed to get the other day - he was ALL over the place that morning - half the pics were of the back of his head or him trying to jump down from the chair.  I tried a few other ways to get some good pics....but he had other ideas - ha!  Excuse the fact that he was still in his pj's that morning when we did pics - he had been under the weather for the last week from a bad cold....and it was our ONE day out of the week where we didn't have to leave the house - yay!






 Such a happy (mischievious) little boy.....

 Trying out his Rocking Moose.....rock rock rock rock rock.....

Back to the chair.....

Too cool to sit down.....


Then he remembered he could rock on the chair....rock rock rock rock rock......

He was just all over the place that morning.....crazy boy!  You would never know he had been under the weather for a few days with a bad cold.....still went full speed ahead all day (we just suffered through the nights)

No comments:

Post a Comment