Friday, March 5, 2010

The Home Stretch

It's hard to believe but I am in the home stretch of pregnancy #2.....we are now within a month of my due date - 4 more weeks! In less a month's time we will have a new person in our house......can't wait! I really need to get on the ball and get everything in order - wash all the clothes, blankets, etc. I just don't think it has hit me for real that we are so close - just doesn't seem possible. I am down to weekly Dr's visits so that makes the time fly by even more. My weekly appointment was yesterday morning and so far I don't show any signs of going into labor. I think it will really hit me once she starts telling me I am starting to dialate....can't believe I am to this point already. We also had another ultrasound yesterday to verify how big this 'little one' is going to be. At our last ultrasound at the end of January, he was mearsuring a couple of weeks ahead size wise...so of course I am a tad concerned about how big he will be when the day comes. I was spoiled by Brookie - she was nice and tiny (of couse you would NEVER know that by looking at her now) but baby boy is anything but. Right now he is already about 5lbs 6ozs with a month left to pack on the pounds. So if he goes by the average weight gain of 0.5lb per week, we are looking at around 7.5lbs - Im ok with that. But we all know how wildly off they can be with these measurements - in either direction. So hopefully that is pretty accurate...but I guess time will tell. What we did confirm though was that he has a big head.....ouch! We noticed that last ultrasound too and so far he hasn't changed yet....so that should be interesting. ;) Here's a close up face shot we got of our little guy.....he has his eyes open and he looks like he has some CHUBBY cheeks....


In other news, Brooklynn is doing really well with potty training. She loves being a big girl and using her potty. She made it pretty easy on us and trained really fast. We haven't started on the night training yet and probably won't for a while, but the daytime training is off to a great start. We'll see how it goes once the baby is here b/c I have heard that a lot of kids will go backwards for a bit to show jealousy.....so we will have to wait and see how that goes. Last week at her preschool, they had picture day on a pony to celebrate Go Texan Day.....her pics turned out so cute. She loves anything to do with animals....love it! Do you think she was excited or what?!?!

Sorry for not posting any recent belly pics - I'll try for this weekend. I've had a horrible cold again this week so I'm not really loving the idea of catching my look on camera...lol. I've definitely got a basketball in front now...hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment