Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Home sweet home...

Let reality sink in....we are now a family of 5!!! We made it home from the hospital this morning around 11am....it feels great to be home. And let me just say this so I never forget this moment b/c it may only happen once....Both kids 2 & UNDER ARE ASLEEP AND QUIET!!!! AAAHHHHH......

Ok - now that I have that out of my system, I can go on. Everyone is doing well and all are happy and healthy. Cannon is doing great - he only lost an ounce since being born. He is a great eater once you are able to wake him up....he LOVES his sleep. Brookie was so excited when she heard us pull into the garage when we got home. She came charging out to greet us and just about knocked me over when she hugged me....so sweet. She was so excited to see "her baby". Its going to be a full time job to keep her from 'helping' so enthusiastically .....haha.

Then of course the dogs are going crazy to have everyone home - they are both intrigued by Cannon. Even Daisy is into him this time.....we'll see if that continues. When I got home from the hospital with Brooklynn - she wouldn't look at me for 3 days so this is definitely a change on her part. Maybe she will actually like the baby this time....I guess time will tell.

Anyway...here are some pics of the last few days. Enjoy!!!

The proud Big Brother & Big Sister....
Getting ready to add their handprints to the wall
at the hospital. All the brothers & sisters get to
add their handprints to announce the arrival of
their new siblings
Andrew showed Brookie how its done since he's
a pro - he has another set of prints down
another hallway from when Brookie was born
Brookie's turn....
And the final product..... :)
Cannon waiting to go home for the
1st time....this newborn size sleeper
swallowed him up....lol.
When we got home, we had a welcoming crew
waiting for us.....
Brookie was so excited to see her little baby brother
this just melted my heart...and she did it without
me even asking her to do it...such a good big sister...
And then there were the other 4 legged siblings...
Notice Daisy - she is actually keeping an eye on him
and is very interested in the new arrival this time

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, So glad all went well and he is beautiful! I plan on coming over some time Friday and seeing that little guy and all of you!
    These pictures and the pictures Missy took are precious. Love ya. Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete