Monday, June 7, 2010

Leaving on a jet plane....

Well we made it - our trip up to Toronto went well - much faster from the loooong drive we had up last summer - 3 hours vs 3 days.  The trip itself was uneventful until we got to Toronto and realized that one of our suitcases was missing.....unfortunately it was Brookie's.  So after the long process of reporting the claim and filling out the forms, we were finally able to leave the airport.  I was pretty irritated with the whole situation - especially when the claim guy didn't show any record of my suitcase anywhere.....didn't make me feel like we would ever see that suitcase again.  It was ALL of her clothes for the trip - and it was a full size suitcase - do you realize how many kids size clothes it takes to fill a suitcase???  So she had nothing other than the clothes on her back.  We went out when we got back to my mom's house and got some necessities to get us through at least for the next day.  Well turns out that apparently they have located my bag this morning and its out for delivery - I'll be happy once its in my hands.  Hopefully it will be in the same condition as when I dropped it off at check-in in Houston. 

So anyway....I finally put our travel insurance to good use - making a claim for delay of baggage so they will reimburse us for the little mini shopping spree we had yesterday - sweet!  If I had this travel insurance originally when I booked the tickets, I would have used it twice already.  The first time would have been when I had to reschedule this trip from Christmas to now b/c being put on bedrest while still pregnant.  So anyway...moral of the story - buy the insurance as soon as you book your ticket - would have saved me over $300 for the re-booking of the tickets too....oh well - you live and learn.

Anyway..moving on - Brookie loved the plane ride - she was so excited that the day finally arrived for her to go on the airplane. She was so good the entire way - slept for about 25 minutes once we were up in the air and then watched cartoons, colored, read books. Poor thing was in pain though when we started the descent into Toronto - she was screaming in pain holding her ears...I felt so helpless - she tried sucking her thumb, sucking on Cannon's pacifier, opening her mouth wide - but she was still pretty upset. Then when we were closer to the ground, she was ok and enjoyed looking out the window

These are when we first got on the plane - she had to check everything out....





Flying on an airplane is hard work - after the flight they were both worn out and crashed on the couch at Grandma's house.

And just had to share - Cannon is now smiling soooo much more - its getting easier and easier to get a smile out of him - love it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that stinks about losing her luggage and all her clothes! I would have been so mad...hopefully you get it all back and everything will be ok. I'm sure a plane ride with the youngsters was crazy! Hope you have a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad yall made it safely and got Brookie's luggage back. I've been thinking about yall, have fun!
    Love ya
    Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness your kids are so cute! Awesome job taking your kiddos on the plane. Lauren has only flown once :)

    ReplyDelete