Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer is here

Let the summer time fun begin. We just had our first long weekend of the summer and its just a taste of what is to follow.  Of course its already been scorching hot here for awhile - so weatherwise - summer has already been here for quite some time.  We actually had a nice relaxing weekend with not a lot on the schedule which has been a nice change.  We have been so busy lately, that it was nice to be able to relax more.  Plus next weekend I am flying north with the 2 little kids for a few weeks to visit family and friends...so I know I will have some busy days ahead :)

Our weekend consisted of visiting with friends, playing outside with neighbors, swimming with family, and enjoying lots of yummy bbq - what more can you ask for?  Oh and the weather was perfect - hot & sunny during the day - perfect for all our outdoor activities.

Here are some pics of the last few days - basically what our summer will look like :)

This is the cleanest painting fun Brookie will ever have -  painting with water - she LOVED it!
Lol - couldn't resist taking a pic of Daddy with his kiddos in the pool trying to cool off
Cannon's first dip in the pool - he loved it :)

Just a fun pic to see the size difference between Brookie & Cannon.  He has a little catching up to do - although I don't see that being a problem - he is growing fast & furious.

And the next 2 pics were taken courtesy of Brookie's sweet teacher, Ms Karla on the last day of school.  They were cracking up b/c she was covered in dirt from head to toe - I guess its safe to say she doesn't mind getting a litle dirty...lol.  See what I mean what they had to deal with on a daily basis with just my kid???  They are some special ladies thats for sure :)


And finally....this is what happens when you spend all weekend out in the sun playing in the water.  Anyone that knows Brookie knows that she is EXHAUSTED - she never sleeps anywhere other than her bed.  She is completely crashed on the couch beside me right now as I am typing this..lol.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen!
    Thanks for your sweet post on my blog. Your kids are ADORABLE! It's neat we all have boys just a few months apart. Its funny b/c I used to love shopping for myself all the time before I had Jarrett. Now I never get anything for myself & I always get stuff for him. Baby clothes are so much funner to shop for! Thanks also for the advice on the car seat. I think we still have a few more months in his infant seat. We took out the infant padding & it made a lot more room. I think it will go up to 30 lbs.

    I look forward to keeping up with you & your kid-O's!

    <3 Bon

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea to paint on the side walk! We will havet o o that. so glad summer is here!

    ReplyDelete