Thursday, July 15, 2010

4 Months


Ok....I'm a day late posting this....but here's the story:

I must be losing my mind...I was all proud of myself for originally doing this post on the 13th so all I would have to do was add in his stats from his dr's appt yesterday on the 14th - the actual day he turned 4 months.  Well as I was feeding Cannon his last bottle for the night last night, I was sitting there thinking of what I needed to add to the blog to complete his 4 month post.  Then it hit me...I forgot to take his 4 month picture!!!! AAAHHH!!!!  There was obviously no way I was going to un-swaddle him and get him all worked up to do it at that point...so I had to wait until today to get his pics included.  Then poor Cannon had a reaction today from his shots yesterday and had a fever of 101 degrees...so he was pretty cranky...but I managed to get a couple of cute smiling pics of him thanks to Uncle Michael. Of course by the time I post this, everything will be included so its no biggie and no one would have ever known the difference, but I just thought I would let everyone know how scattered my brain is recently.  I am losing everything all the time (and multiple times on the same day) - keys, sunglasses, purse...etc.  I am constantly thinking of things I need to ask Andy and then 5 mins later I ask him a question and then promptly follow up with...Did I already ask you that???  I can't remember if I actually asked it out loud or if it was just one of the zillion thoughts running through my mind at any given point during the day.  Scaring me to death that I am already like this at 30 something....what will I be like in another 10 years??  I just keep blaming it on pregnancy brain turned to baby brain - ha!  I only thought I was bad after having Brookie...but that was nothing compared to how bad it has become now!  My brain feels like mush most days...hahaha!

Anyway....like I mentioned earlier - Cannon had his 4 month appt yesterday.  He did well and only cried for a short time after his 2 shots in his legs..poor baby!  We could answer yes to almost all his developmental questions they went over with us so we were thrilled with that.  They also said it was technically 3-5 month questions.....so he still has time to do the couple things he wasn't really doing to fit within the timeline they like to give to make sure they are on track and not delayed.  In the last month, we can see huge differences in him and see him changing daily.  He is becoming so much fun being interested in things and being entertained....love it!  Anyway...here are his stats at 4 months and some fun stuff he's up to now:

•Weighs  14 lbs 13 ozs = 50th percentile

•24 1/2 inches long = 25th-50th percentile

•Forgot what his actual head measurement was but he's in the 75th percentile - he has a big head - and has been measuring big since I was pregnant with him - he's must be one smart boy :)

•Wears size 2 diapers although I am thinking that after this box runs out we may switch to size 3 to see how they work.  The size 2 ones are a little snug around his big milk belly :)

•Wearing mainly 3 months size clothing but still able to squeeze into some 0-3 months and now starting to fit into 6 month size clothing

•Still has pretty blue eyes - looks like they are here to stay?  So happy :)

•Eating mostly 6 ozs (sometimes 7 ozs)every 3.5-4 hours during the day

•Loves to be held but is starting to prefer to be held sitting up and facing outwards so he can see everyone and everything

•Loves to stand up and jump on your lap while holding him - he is so strong!

•Loves to suck on his hands & fingers and even his arm. He has found his thumb a few times and sucked on it for a little bit, but isn't doing it consistantly.....yet.  Although just tonight he was getting really good at getting his thumb in his mouth on a consistant basis. This seems to keep him content and calm him down when he is fussing - yay!

•Loves to blow little bubbles with his mouth - he can get pretty messy doing this

•Still a GREAT sleeper - has his last bottle between 8:30-9:00pm and will sleep on average for 11-12 straight hours

•Still likes his bouncy chair and swing.....takes most of his naps during the day in either of those two places.  The last week I have been swaddling him and letting him sleep in the swing and he has been taking longer naps - about 2 hours.

•Still enjoys his floor activity mat and likes to kick at the different toys and watch all the lights flashing. Doesn't like it for too long, but it will keep him occupied for a bit at least.

•Loves hanging out in his jumperoo - doesn't really mess with too many of the toys yet, but he enjoys being independent and able to move his legs around and push himself back & forth a little bit of up & down.

•Still not a big fan of tummy time - he will tolerate it a little longer than before - maybe a couple minutes tops.  He is finally starting to lift his head up now and look around - but won't do it for too long before he has a meltdown.

•He officially rolled over today for the first time (and I missed it!!!).  I had put him on the floor on a blanket lying on his back so he could just stretch out....well I was in the kitchen getting lunch ready for the other kids and he started whining and then it sounded like he had a muffled cry so I looked over at him and he had flipped himself over onto his tummy and was NOT happy.  Couldn't get him to do it again...but we will definitely be working on it with tummy time.

•Loves his bath time - the warm water completely calms him down and he just sits there smiling and babbling away.  Now any water cooler than bath water - he still isn't a fan.  Pool time is hit or miss - depending on just how warm the water is.  Lake water is a no go as we found out this past weekend - he did NOT like it one bit. 

•Still kind of a fussy baby. He is definitely better than a month ago, but still fussier than your average baby.  We are now able to distract him and play with him to help calm him down so its getting easier to deal with.  I have also figured out his fussiness is a result of being too tired - especially since his napping during the day is hit & miss.  He is wonderful in the mornings but once the afternoon hits....he starts getting whiny and fussy.  But with these longer naps...its getting a little better...hahaha.

•Smiles all the time and we love every second of it!  His whole face just lights up - so sweet!

•Babbles all the time too - has recently found his voice and is doing little squeals here and there as well - love it!  He has babbled "Mama" a few times - especially when he is upset....love it - but obviously its not like he knows what it means - but still fun to hear.

And now of course - what everyone comes to see...pictures!  But first...a neat story about his outfit he is wearing....this used to be one of my outfits that I used to dress my Cabbage Patch Kids in when I was little....never in my wildest dreams would I think I would be dressing my own little boy in it!  I found it in a storage container at my moms house last month when we were up there visiting....and its a REAL retro Astros outfit - not a 'new' retro one :)  Oh and just wanted to add - it is also says size 9 months on the tag!!!  Lol - although I think that is being generous....he barely fit into it - ha!  They must have had different sizing guidelines back in the 1980's...hahahaha!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 4 months big boy! I have "baby brain" ALL THE TIME! I forget stuff and I feel so scattered....the rice cereal was rough the first couple of days but now Connor REALLY likes it! Let me know how it works out for you. They are going through major growth spurts right now no doubt! Hope you are having a great week!
    <3 Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that is one cutie patootie!!! So sweet! Love his hair! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable! Love that smile :)

    ReplyDelete