Sunday, July 25, 2010

One Year Ago...

It was on this day last year that we got the (best) surprise.....we found out we were pregnant again!  I can't belive its already been a whole year but at the same time I can barely remember our family pre-Cannon.  Like I mentioned last year, we were COMPLETELY shocked that we were - we definitely weren't expecting to have another baby at that point, but we were thrilled nonetheless.  I felt silly for spending the $16 on the pregnancy test while I was on vacation in Toronto - I don't even know what led me to even buy one to take.   I can still remember taking it last year - my mom had NO CLUE what I was up too...hehehe.  Luckily I was sitting down when I saw the results, b/c I would have collapsed for sure - I was in SHOCK!!!  Even when the test was waiting to process...I kept telling myself I was crazy and completely just wasted my money on something so ridiculous! But low and behold....there was our surprise - plain as day!  I then had to call Andy - he thought I was joking with him ...hahaha!  Apparently that is a recurring theme in our relationship for all our major milestones....when he proposed to me...I kept asking him if he was kidding and if he was it was a mean joke - ha! 

Anyway....I was going through old pics on my phone the other day and came across a picture from that special day....I had tried to text Andy a pic of the positive test but unfortunately when my phone is in roaming you can't send or receive pic messages so I had to just call him to tell him the news.  I can't believe I kept these pics - they are blurry....but still special to me since I know what the results were.

This is the pic from my camera phone a year ago today - a little hard to read but definitely said Pregnant!  It also said Pregnant in French too since everything in Canada is bilingual..hahaha!
And here is our little surprise a year later....we just love him to pieces...he is such a sweet & cuddly little boy and we can't imagine our family without him!

7 comments:

  1. I didn’t see a place where I could email you back to my comment you left me. But wanted to thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it. You’re family is precious!!! Don’t be a stranger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen. Thanks for visiting my blog. I look forward to learning more about you. Take care.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! I had to laugh on this post because when I found out I was pregnant with my second--it was a SHOCKER too. I only took a test because it was a year to the day that I had taken the test and found out I was pregnant with my first. I couldn't do anything but laugh when I saw it was positive!! Like you, I am SO THANKFUL for that little surprise!! Your family is just precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha love that the test said pregnant in French! That's awesome :) Your little man sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Your son (as are all you children) is such a cutie! He looks like such a fun baby to cuddle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristen, I'm visiting from Jenna's blog - I love reading these stories! Your son is such a cutie and you have a beautiful family! Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I'm visiting from Jenna's Journey!

    What a WONDERFUL surprise! He is an absolute doll!

    Robin :o) aka: Alabama Slacker Mama

    ReplyDelete