Monday, July 12, 2010

Inks Lake 2010

We made our annual family trip up to Inks Lake this past weekend.  We've been looking forward to it all year - it is just so pretty up there.  Andy's family has been going up there since the 1960's and its so neat to think how many generations have been having fun up there each year.  The next generation is quickly taking over - there are more & more kids up there each year - so fun.  We were originally thinking we would have to skip this year b/c Cannon is still so young and the heat can just be unbareable up there...but we decided to go and just stay one night.  We missed out last year b/c I was doing my cross country drive up to Canada the same weekend they had booked...so its been 2 years since we were last there. 

We had a good time and the weather was perfect - sunny the entire time...and of course hot hot hot!  The water felt great - very refreshing and cool - but not too cold to make it difficult to get it - yay!  It was a challenge with Cannon b/c he did not want anything to do with the water and he let us know loud & clear.  So he just hung out in the shade or when he got a little too warm, we just took him into the a/c cabins to cool him down - he usually just ended up crashing and taking a nap in there in his pack & play.

Brookie & Andrew had a blast - tons of time in the water and sun - they were worn out!  Andrew started to test out the waters with skiing - he did really well - if we could have kept practicing with him for another couple days, I think he would have been a pro!  We are so proud of him that he tried it and kept trying even though it was a lot more challenging than he probably thought it would have been.  Anyway...here are some pics of our weekend at the lake!

We also hiked up to the waterfalls on the other side of the park.  Wow - I am seriously out of shape - I thought I was going to die climbing up the rocks and today - my legs are killing me....so sad!  Anyway,  the falls were a lot of fun - there wasn't a lot of water flowing this time, but it was still enough for the kids to enjoy.  I decided to just stay on the rocks and take pics - I was scared if I got down there, I would never get back up...hahaha!
It is sooooo slippery on the rocks b/c of all the algae growing...so the only (safe) way to get down is sit down on your butt and just slide down.
The dry spots were the only spots you could stand on without falling - they were only a few dry spots left...
Then I just about had a heart attack b/c Andy & Andrew jumped in first leaving Brookie just standing on her little dry spot by herself....I thought for sure she would turn around and think she could run back towards me and totally wipe out....afterall - she does get her clumbsiness from me ;)
But thankfully she actually listened to her Daddy and stayed still until he told her to jump in the water to him :)  I breathed a huge sigh of relief!
Then it was time for some rock jumping into the water....Andrew showed us how its done!
And of course anything Andrew does - Brookie has to do too.  Obviously her jumping was revised for a 2 year old...hahaha.

1 comment:

  1. so cute! The Brewers keep telling us to come, and each year we say we're gonna do it! Maybe next year will be the year! :)

    ReplyDelete