Monday, July 5, 2010

Rainy Week Fun

Last week was my first official week on my own with all 3 kids since my mom is now back up in Toronto :(  I think we had a really good week - despite the weather the second half of the week.  It poured pretty much from Wednesday through to Saturday evening so we were stuck inside for most of that time.  Finding things to keep 3 kids (at totally different ages) busy was challenging.  Wednesday I got brave and ventured out with the 2 little ones to story time at our local library.  We met up with my friend Natalie and her daughter Blakelyn (same age as Brookie).  Yeah that was an adventure I'm not sure we will be doing again anytime soon!  I thought we were going to get kicked out within the first 5 mins of getting there.  They girls would NOT sit down and actually got called out by the librarian who stopped reading the story to ask them to sit down!  We both wanted to just run and hide under a table!  Then since the story was about a little rattlesnake, they handed out sealed envelopes with rice inside so the kids can rattle them throughout the story to sound like the rattlesnake.  Of course they were only supposed to rattle them at designated times..try telling that to 2 year olds....seriously?  Why give them out to the kids when you know they (or maybe it was just ours again) are going to go crazy with them.  Then at the end they got to color a paper snake which they loved.  Afterwards, we ventured into the kids section of the library to read some books.  Again - BAD IDEA!  They were like wild animals in there.  At one point we were sitting around a little table surrounded my wooden bookshelves looking at books.  Brookie went to the other side of the bookcase to get another book and when she wouldn't answer me when I called her, I got up to check on her - she was climbing up the bookcase!!!!!  What in the world was this little girl thinking???  She is just crazy!  So anyway as you can imagine we didn't stay too long and headed to McDonalds to eat lunch and let them burn off energy in the playplace.  Here's a few pics we managed to catch at the library with the wild ones

The next day we stayed home and I caught up on some major laundry - that stuff seems to multiply hourly!  Again - another rainy day so I broke out the finger paints and they had so much (messy) fun.  I am so thankful I haven't bought my new kitchen table yet.  As much as I dislike the one I have - its so nice b/c I don't have to worry what happens with it - I can just windex it clean.  I think its safe to say I will be hanging onto it for a few more years until the kids are older.
We also had a really fun long weekend - even though it was pretty non stop.  Saturday we were all over town visiting family & friends.  We didn't end up getting home Saturday night until almost midnight....so the kids got to bed really late.  But for once - they actually slept in the next day too - almost to 11am!  It was wonderful!  Sunday - 4th of July we went to Andy's aunt & uncle's house for a bbq and swimming.  We had a blast just enjoying the weather - it was finally sunny out again - yay!  I snagged some pics from my sis in law & her mother in law to post on here - I of course forgot my camera again.  Brookie & Andrew are complete water babies - they were in the water the entire time and having a blast. 
Cannon on the other hand decided that he didn't want any part of the water that day - it was pretty cold in the pool b/c of all the rain we had been having the last several days. So he only lasted maybe 5 mins if that. Andy got out with him and got him calmed down and took a little snooze.
Later that night we popped fireworks with a bunch of our neighbors outside.  Its definitely hard with the loud noises with a baby.  Brookie loved them and was outside for most of it but Cannon wasn't too much of a fan - way too loud outside and inside he was woken up by them.  Luckily I was able to get him to sleep at his usual bedtime and he slept through the rest of it.

Today we just ran errands and stayed around the house and the kids played on the waterslide outside.  And once again, I did a bunch of laundry - see what I mean that stuff just multiplies?  I can't even tell you how many loads I did again today.  Its a never ending battle!

Here's a cute pic I took the other day of Brookie & Cannon playing.  Cannon was in his jumperoo playing and he really can't touch the floor too well right now so Brookie gave him a helping hand (or body).  What a thoughtful big sister :)
And finally - just for Uncle Michael...lol.  He is a University of Michigan fan (not really sure where that came from but oh well) and I just so happened to pick up a tshirt a while back for Cannon just b/c I thought it was cute and just a simple shirt to throw on with his diaper when we are just hanging out at home.  And as an added bonus it is a great way to annoy uncle Michael as it is a Michigan State shirt lol  Needless to say Uncle Michael was NOT impressed when he saw his nephew sporting this tshirt earlier this evening...lol.

I'm not so sure Cannon was too sure about his wardrobe choice either....
Looking up at Uncle Michael trying to figure out what the big deal is.....
And then he decided that he didn't want anything to do with Michigan State either - he puked all over it and threw a fit!  Either that, or Uncle Michael willed his nephew to behave like that..lol!  I guess we will never know!

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures of the girls are so cute! And, I think Cannon is upset about sitting in a PURPLE Boppy, haha! J/K!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy girl! Thanks for your advice on the feeding issues I think we may start with some rice in a bowl soon because he just seems SO hungry! I saw he has one of those jumperoo things...I was thinking about getting one, we actually went to Babies R Us and put Connor in some and his feet didn't touch the floor yet either! ha..ha.. but I think he gets bored easy. Every day I just live and learn more and MORE! Hope you are having a great week friend :) Becky

    ReplyDelete